`88 Ltd. Strat (denim) body question, with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `88 Ltd. Strat (denim) body question, with a twist

I've been thinking for awhile now that the recess behind the bridge on the `88 limited denim strats would look really cool on a Dinky or Stealth body, but it also gave me another idea for a custom design. Here it is -- tell me if it would work.

Instead of a Floyd, use a string-thru hardtail bridge, eliminating the need for a trem cavity; there would still some routing for the strings and ferrules on the back. Use the same recessed design as the `88 Ltd, and put the pickup toggle, volume and tone controls in the recessed area, behind the bridge and (imho) in a more convenient location. By being behind the bridge AND recessed, I could theoretically switch pickups while still playing -- I can't make the reach "on the fly" on most Jacksons. By putting the controls in the recessed area, they wouldn't obstruct my playing at all, and being behind the bridge, would not be prone to getting hit accidentally. Plus, I think it would look cool. BUT, with that kind of cutout, would there be enough room for the control cavity?
    sigpic

Re: `88 Ltd. Strat (denim) body question, with a twist

The rout (for a 10 or 12 string, originally) should work fine for a tuna, as that is what was intended when the bodies were shaped. You'll see that same rout on some of the doublenecks as well.

I don't know the story behind Jackson's first Limited Edition - but I'll bet it started with...
    "500? Five freakin hundred?! I told you we needed 50 10/12-string bodies!! [groan]

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

[ May 09, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: nor ]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
    X